"Crestwood Baptist Church is a connected COMMUNITY that produces DISCIPLES who gather regularly for vibrant WORSHIP, dispersing into the communities of southeast Texas and beyond sharing LIFE."
We quote our purpose to be:
- EXALTING THE SAVIOR // The maintenance of the worship of God and the observance of the Christian ordinances.
- EQUIPPING THE SAINTS // The study of Christian principles and the practice of the Christian life as revealed and taught in the New Testament.
- EVANGELIZING THE LOST // The salvation of the lost both at home and abroad.
- EXTENDING THE MINISTRY OF CHRIST // The promotion and advancement of Christ's ministry throughout the earth.
- ENCOURAGE THE SAINTS // The enhancement of Christian fellowship among believers.
In keeping with historic Baptist doctrine, we affirm and hold to the following key beliefs:
- There is one true God, creator and sovereign ruler of the universe, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine and Christian living.
- Man’s sinful condition alienates and separates him from God.
- Jesus Christ is God’s virgin born son, true God and man. He lived a perfect life, died on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead to pay the debt for the sins of mankind.
- Salvation from sin and entrance to Heaven is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Baptism is by immersion, and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church. They are, however, not to be regarded as the means to man’s salvation.
- Therefore we voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind.
- Being aware of our hopelessness in sin through revelation of the Holy Spirit, we have received Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord. Having been baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, we of Crestwood Baptist Church joyfully enter into this covenant as one body in Christ.
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord of our fellowship. We will worship together regularly and participate individually in the ministry of our church. We will support her growth as a New Testament church. We will contribute generously and regularly to her ministry and missionary endeavor.
- We will, with God’s help, grow toward Christian maturity by consistent study of His Word and communion with Him in prayer. We will strive individually for total commitment to Christ in every area of our lives. We will oppose all conduct that compromises our Christian faith. We will practice and promote high standards of Christian morality. We will live so that God can use us in extending His Kingdom.
- We will endeavor to conduct family worship and diligently educate those under our care in God’s Word. We will strive by example and personal effort to lead those within our influence to a commitment of their lives to Jesus Christ. We will encourage their growth toward Christian maturity.
- In the spirit of this covenant we acknowledge our responsibility in developing a Christ-centered fellowship. We will walk together in Christian love and forgiveness with concern for one another at all times, rejoicing in the abundant and eternal life that is ours through Jesus Christ our Lord.