VISION STATEMENT: "Crestwood Baptist Church is a connected COMMUNITY that produces DISCIPLES who gather regularly for vibrant WORSHIP, dispersing into the communities of southeast Texas and beyond sharing LIFE."
We quote our purpose to be:
- EXALTING THE SAVIOR // The maintenance of the worship of God and the observance of the Christian ordinances.
- EQUIPPING THE SAINTS // The study of Christian principles and the practice of the Christian life as revealed and taught in the New Testament.
- EVANGELIZING THE LOST // The salvation of the lost both at home and abroad.
- EXTENDING THE MINISTRY OF CHRIST // The promotion and advancement of Christ's ministry throughout the earth.
- ENCOURAGE THE SAINTS // The enhancement of Christian fellowship among believers.
In keeping with historic Baptist doctrine, we affirm and hold to the following key beliefs:
- There is one true God, creator and sovereign ruler of the universe, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine and Christian living.
- Man’s sinful condition alienates and separates him from God.
- Jesus Christ is God’s virgin born son, true God and man. He lived a perfect life, died on the cross, was buried, and rose from the dead to pay the debt for the sins of mankind.
- Salvation from sin and entrance to Heaven is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Baptism is by immersion, and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church. They are, however, not to be regarded as the means to man’s salvation.
- Therefore we voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind.